The StockMKT first popped up towards the end of last year as an Eastern-inspired night market in Bermondsey. The good news is that it's back, making another appearance at the end of April, with further dates lined up for June. Bring it on!
"More delicious street food, from some of London’s finest street food vendors. You may say “But of course, we expect that!”however, we will be debuting some new delicacies such as: ‘proper posh kebabs’ andJapanese Pom Poms.
• Cocktails with a London twist (not just more mojitos!) and, in line with our Far East inspiration, ‘Bubble Tea’.
• Live music from the fabulous Albert Ball’s Flying Aces – he’s sure to put a swing into everyone’s step!
• Loads more stalls, with new food products, crafts, vintage clothes and art from the likes of local Underdog Gallery, Bike Parka and X-Ray Fog - supporting all that is sustainable, recycled, upcycled and local where possible.
• Tunes from our super-DJ friends from Culture Cuts Collective, who since their StockMKT debut have worked with everybody from Kid Koala to DJ Krush. Expect anything from Mongolian throat singing to northern soul; skiffle to Brazilian Jabba Jubba (okay we made the last one up, but you get the idea…)
• A very special outdoor light installation, created by local Boutcher Primary School pupils in collaboration with world-renowned guerrilla artists - Light Collective. "
When - Friday 27th April
Where - Bermondsey Square, SE1