|Click map to enlarge!|
"The festival takes place over the weekend of 4-6 October in various venues around the Elephant & Castle; I think you and your followers will be particularly interested in the main venue which is a pop-up space in a warehouse currently being refurbished by the artists from Hotel Elephant Gallery.
In the Hotel Elephant Warehouse we'll be hosting:
- a pop-up cinema/club screening Noise of Art's Wicker Man remix; the only UK screening of the restored Jamaican cult film The Harder They Come with a DJ set by Don Letts (BBC 6 Music); a pop-up screening of British thriller London to Brighton + Q&A with its leading actor Johnny Harris (This is England '86-'88)
- pop-up market by TheStockMKT with food and artisanal drinks, arts & crafts, and live music
- pop-up ping pong by PuPP
- pop-up skateboarding with the UK Skateboarding Film Festival
Other pop-up events included in the Elefest programme are:
- The Electric Elephant Cafe and Gallery will be turning into a pop-up cinema space for a free screening of London The Modern Babylon and a selection of shorts from the BFI's London collection
- Hotel Elephant are hosting a special exhibition (Volume & Void) in a pop-up venue on the demolition site of the Heygate Estate
- Guerrilla Gardening will be doing a dig around the Elephant ending with a Latin American music party/bring your own food BBQ in the Mobile Gardeners' Park, a great pop-up community urban garden (which incidentally is also part of Open House this weekend)
- Incredible Edible Southwark will also be doing a pop-up food event cooking up a feast with produce grown, harvested and sourced in SE1"
Where - Several venues around Elephant & Castle
Map (& see venue map at the top of this page)
Link - Programme of events
Get more events like this
I have created a weekly newsletter to feature news about all of the latest and best pop-up and temporary things in London. Please sign up below!