Bookstock is an occasional but regular literary night featuring 4 authors reading and talking about their work. It's organised by the very well established North London Reading Group. Previous events have been very popular and this time there's some comedy and spooky stories, and there's a book swap too, so bring along a book or two to swap. (NOT 'One Day' - everyone always brings 'One Day' to Book Swaps!)
"Our Bookstock literary night is popping up for Hallowe'en in Euston on Saturday 19 October.
Lewis Harrison-Barker and the cast behind spooky Edinburgh fringe improv B-Movie 'They Came With Outer Script' will perform comedy, tell spooky stories, and introduce the following authors whose books will each chill you in different ways:
* Elanor Dymott - author of the acclaimed 'Every Contact Leaves Without a Trace' which has been compared to Donna Tartt's cult classic 'The Secret History'
* Alexia Carsale - writer of 'The Bone Dragon', a blend of psychological thriller and fairytale told from a 14 year old girl's viewpoint
* Helen Smith - author of "modern day Agatha Christie" Invitation to Die, which is set at a Bloomsbury conference and features bodies and red herrings aplenty
* Terry Grimwood - horror writer whose 'Axe' concerns a failed rock star who stumbles upon a 'killer' riff
* Amy Bird - exciting new novelist behind the chilling, twisty life-swap debut 'Yours Is Mine'
The action takes place at The Green Man pub opposite Great Portland St station in Euston, and there will also be book signings and the chance to meet and swap books (and mobile numbers?) with kindred 'spirits'. And pumpkins."
When - Saturday 19th October, from 7pm
Where - The Green Man, 383 Euston Rd, London, NW1 3AU
Tickets - £6 in advance from here, £7 on the door
Link - Bookstock
Get more events like this:
I have created a weekly newsletter to feature news about all of the latest and best pop-up and temporary things in London. Please sign up below!