In mid-November chefs Yohini Nandakumar & Terry Blake will be hosting a three day pop-up Malaysian restaurant at Brixton Cornercopia in Brixton Village. Unlike many things on this site it isn't a fixed price menu, but an a la carte list of items - see below. It's open from Thursday 13th - Saturday 15th November - provisional menu and details below.
The Happy Coconut is a pop-up running for one weekend only, from Thursday 13th until Saturday 15th of November at Cornercopia, 65 Brixton Village Market, SW9 8PS. We would love to see you there (bookings are recommended)!
the Dipping course
Small plates to dip and share between friends, or to keep all for yourself
- Steamed rice paper enclosing fresh Asian herbs and a warm coconut tamarind dipping sauce £5
- Four skewers of soy marinated chicken wings served with fresh satay sauce £5.60
the Laksa course
Malaysia's world famous coconut noodle soup loved by millions, and made in our signature style
- Classic laksa with roast chicken, prawns and cockles, served with a side of our house chilli sambal £11
- Aromatic laksa with ginger, aubergine and green bean, served with a side of our house chilli sambal £9.50
the Happy course
A perfect balance of sweetness and richness as only the Malaysians know how
- Coconut cheesecake with poached caramel peanuts £5
- Chocolate-Milo pudding with condensed milk ice-cream £5
Stovetop masala chai - £2
Mulled ginger beer - £2
Tamarind and sugarcane rum punch - £5
Beer and wine, chosen to match the flavours will also be available on the night"
Where - Next to Cornercopia, 65 Brixton Village Market, Coldharbour Lane, SW9 8PS
Booking - Bookings can be made on http://www.home-from-home.net/?page_id=306 or via Twitter @Cooksmiths. I'm happy to answer anybody's questions, just send them to me at email@example.com
Link - Event page
I have created a weekly newsletter to feature news about all of the latest and best pop-up and temporary things in London. Please sign up below!