Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Tonk The Disco - Tonkotsu at Disco Bistro EC4 in The City

I'm well aware that the title to this may make no sense to 99% of the population, but for the remaining 1% what it means is a very exciting collaboration between the Soho ramen bar Tonkotsu and rising chef Carl Clarke (earlier) at Clarke's new home Disco Bistro EC4 at The Rising Sun pub in the city.  This was very hot on Twitter yesterday, and is sure to sell out, so get your tickets now!

"We're extremely pleased to announce our first collaboration of 2013 - with Tonkotsu! 
The Soho ramen bar's rich stocks, silky noodles and crisp-bottomed dumplings have had the whole team hooked since it opened last summer. With its shared ethos of simplicity - short menus showcasing both the quality of the produce and the expertise of the kitchen - we couldn't resist getting together for a truly special one-off event. 
Expect Disco Bistro twists on Japanese street food snacks(seaweed crackers, gyoza, karaage) to start, followed by the launch of Tonkotsu's London Ramen, made with smoked haddock and half a duck egg.
The meal will end with an original take on East meets West, as rhubarb is served with white chocolate and miso. 
So join us on the evening of Friday 18 January and raise a glass - of yuzu Tom Collins!
Tickets are £35 per head, book yours here.
Welcome drink: 
- Yuzu Tom Collins
- Seaweed crackers
- 'Rock Lobsta' gyoza
- Chicken karaage
The Ramen:
- The 'Smoky London' (smoked haddock, spinach, duck egg) 
The End: 
- Rhubarb, white chocolate & miso"

When - Friday 18th January at 6.30pm and 9pm

Where - Disco Bistro EC4, The Rising Sun, 61 Carter Lane, EC4V 5DY

Tickets - £35 plus charges in advance from here


Link 1 - Disco Bistro EC4
Link 2 - Disco Bistro EC4 on Twitter
Link 3 - Tonkotsu
Link 4 - Tonkotsu on Twitter

Get more events like this:

I am creating a weekly newsletter to feature news about all of the latest and best pop-up and temporary things in London.  Please sign up below!

First newsletter coming in Mid-January

No comments:

Post a Comment